Complete a brief questionnaire relating to your prescription. Women who are eligible can order a six-month repeat prescription for their current pill
Please read the important information below before ordering
To order your prescription online the following must apply to you:
- You have been taking the same contraceptive pill for the past 6 months
- You have had your blood pressure checked in the past 6 months (this can be checked at many pharmacies and gyms)
- You have had no problems or complications with your contraceptive pill for the past year
- You have had a face-to-face pill check with your doctor in the past year
Types of pill
There are many different brands of contraceptive pill available. The following brands are available on prescription from MyClinic:
- Evra patches
What should I do in case I miss a pill?
Please read our important information on what to do if you have missed a pill
Risks of taking the contraceptive pill
The pill can have some serious side-effects, but these are very uncommon and vary depending on your general health, age and the type of pill you take. For most women the benefits of the pill outweigh the possible risks.
We do not prescribe contraception online to women in high risk groups. The following factors are associated with an increased risk of using the pill:
- A history of blood clots or a family history of blood clots
- Obesity (body mass index over 30)
- High blood pressure (over 140/90)
- Longterm immobility, e.g. confined to a wheelchair or bed
- Women over 35 (women over 35 who smoke are advised to consider switching to the mini pill)
- A history of migraine
For full details please consult the patient information leaflet supplied with your pill pack.
The combined oral contraceptive pill (which contains oestrogen and progestegen) increases the risk of blood clots, arterial disease, migraines, and high blood pressure. There is a small increase in the risk of breast and cervical cancer, however this is balanced by a small decrease in the risk of cancer of the ovaries and womb.
Please note this service does not replace your regular face-to-face contraceptive pill check-up.